A blog about me, my dog, my boyfriend, and friends and family. But mostly me. And my often hilarious attempts to become domestic.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

As of late...

Ahhh! I thought it would be easy to keep up with blogging but I was wrong! When I started this little project, I had 3 days off of work so it was easy to do but as of late I have been reallllyyy busy. At least it gives me a lot to write about right now!


In Sobie news- After extensive research and a pretty penny in new foods, shampoos, and vitamins his health is improving sooo much! I'm really relieved to know that my baby isn't feeling so bad anymore. He has been sleeping through the night without the constant itch that keeps both of us awake! 


However, he is still shedding A TON! Anyone have any suggestions on how to keep that at bay? No matter how often I lint roll, sweep, or vacuum there is still a constant layer of hair covering every surface of my home. YUCK!


I kinda fell off the juice wagon...that was HARD! I am still being really conscience of what I am eating though so I don't feel too bad about being a total failure. haha. 


OH! I started working out...I'm on a week long trial at Lifetime Fitness and am thinking about joining so I can take advantage of their awesome classes and facilities. However, I am a complete retard when it comes to knowing what to do while I am at the gym so any tips would be appreciated! Like when I go in I can of just stand there like a dunce and look around and feel kind of intimidated. I feel like there are 3 kinds of people at the gym.


TYPE 1 (and probably my least favorite): "THE JUICEHEADS"


Haha these are probably my least favorite people I encounter at the gym. This is my personal opinion (sorry if I offend any of you), but I think guys with gargantuous muscles are sickening looking. Like if you are super tan and greasy looking and your biceps are bigger around than my waist, YOU ARE NOT ATTRACTIVE. Also, you don't need to loudly grunt and THROW your weights down when you finish a set to attract more attention to yourself. Ew! I appreciate your effort in maintaining a healthy lifestyle but you might be trying a tad too hard.


TYPE 2: the "what in the world am I doing here?" people


Unfortunately I think I fit into this group. But not as severely as some people. I saw no less than 5 people working out in their bell bottom blue jeans and like nice shirts yesterday. This can't be conducive to a full range of motion. These people kind of walk around and half ass everything and look pretty miserable being there- like their doctor just told them they have a week to live unless they leave straight from his office and get their ass on a treadmill. I, by no means, wore jeans to the gym OR walked around like a chicken with my head cut off- in fact I tried to look extra sporty to look like I fit in! haha my shirt said "awesome attitude club" and something on the front about a drug free and healthy lifestyle cause I wanted to be taken serious! (sadly, I don't think it worked as I had to read the directions to every machine I got on to figure out how I was supposed to even sit on it) This is why I need tips people! 


and finally...


TYPE 3: and I have no clever name for these people (not that the previous 2 were clever) but these are the people who just look they are there to stay healthy and they fit in! They don't look they are trying to get into a muscle man competition but they also look like they know what they are doing. These are the people I aspire to be like! Hopefully within the next month I will grace Lifetime Fitness and be in the ranks of these fitness gods. haha


I'm going to the gym in the morning and instead of locking my phone up in the locker I am going to carry around with me...hopefully I can capture some awesome shots of these annoying and loud type 1's, awkward type 2's, and sporty type 3's. 
(I'm on my iPad and all my pictures are on the other computer, sorry!)


Tomorrow, I'm going to post about some things going on with me at work and try to get some advice. Also, Wes has been feeling not quite up to par lately. We are going to the dr some time next week to get a series of tests done and an MRI and I'll be sure to let ya'll know when we get the results!


Have a great night and we shall speak again tomorrow!
XO

1 comment:

  1. You are missing several categories:

    Molester Old Guys:

    Their MO is to choose machines that are strategically placed, to where they can watch girls. If the girls are on the inner/outer thigh machines, even better.

    Gym Couples:

    You mentioned half of the couple in your "Juice Heads" category, but you forgot to include their significant other. These couples totally hit up the tanning place together before coming, they both made sure to wear their sexiest gym clothes to the gym, they will spot each other on every machine, they will change into sexy "non gym" clothes before leaving (or possibly just put on matching running suits) and go hit the smoothie shop on their way out.

    Ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete